Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Calls, invitations, debates...
 Artservis Forum : English Speakers Corner : Calls, invitations, debates...
Message Icon Topic: why art at all Post Reply Post New Topic
smmart
Novinec
Novinec

Online Status: Offline
Quote smmart Replybullet Topic: why art at all
    Posted: 17.9.2005 at 21:39

Call / appeal for participation in public opinion research

WHY ART AT ALL?

Probably every one of us, who are  involved in cultural happening in any way, whether it means from time to time or constantly, ask ourselves questions like this – or perhaps we should …

WHAT ARE FUNCTIONS OF ART –

WHAT IS ITS SENSE,

WHAT ARE ITS TASKS AND ARE THEY FULFILLED,

WHERE IS ITS BENEFIT,

HOW WIDE IS ITS INFLUENCE,

WHAT ROLES DOES IT PLAY,

TO WHAT AND TO WHOME IS IT MEANT FOR,

WHAT IS ITS PURPOSE,

IS IT USEFUL IN ANY WAY –

RELATED TO ME PERSONALY AND TO WIDER PUBLIC,

REGARDING MY EVERYDAY ENVIRONMENT AND MILIEU AND GENERALLY IN THE WORLD?

WHAT IS MY MAIN REASON FOR PARTICIPATION IN ART?

Please send your short or long statements, reactions, and theories until 31st of October 2005 on e-mail  smm.art@planet.si . You are welcome to participate and send your contribution. Selected wordings will be also available for public and you will be invited to read them in December.

Add your age, sex, and in which way you are involved in art (just for the statistics). Those, who do not want their texts to be used without name of the author, add also your full name.

Texts about personal understanding of art will constitute an important part of the diploma work with title “Art in use”.

Deadline: 31. October 2005

Sincere thanks to all of you, who are willing to put your view of art into words and share your dilemmas and cognitions with others. By this, you do not only contribute to the realization of my diploma, but you are also spreading new views and help public society to understand contemporary art better.

Maja Modrijan

Forwarding the appeal is more than welcome, so it can reach the widest public. In this way the number of contributions and the diversity of contents will rise. So thanks to your help, the significance and the quality of the research can grow.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version