The Paris Human Rights International Film Festival promotes each year a selection of the best documentaries on human rights issues. Dedicated to promote the creative documentary, the Festival is paying attention equally to artistic value as well as human rights content.
The film must have been produced after January 1, 2012 to be considered.
SECTIONS & PRIZES
Two sections will be presented for this 12th edition : In Competition and Out of Competition.
Films selected In Competition could receive one or more prizes awarded by different Jurys:
- Official Jury : Grand Prix and Special Jury Prize.
- Student Jury : Grand Prix and Special Jury Prize.
- High school students and apprentices Jury : High school students and apprentices Prize
- Fleury-Merogis Detention Center Jury : Grand Prix.
- UNHCR Jury : Grand Prix.
The awards will be presented at the closing ceremony of the festival.
The submission process will take place in three phases:
- Read and accept the rules ans regulations.
- Complete and approve the submission form.
- Once the submission form has been filled out, a confirmation email will be sent to the participant. If the submission meets our requirements and the film synopsis matches with the Festival artistic criteria, we will watch the video link (by filling SCREENER and PASSWORD in the LINKS section of the submission form) or we will ask you for the DVD to be sent (the postal address will be send you at that time).
Information about the submission:
- The submission is free of charge.
- The Festival is programming only documentary films.
- The feature documentaries must last a minimum of 52 minutes. There is no maximum duration limit.
- The short documentaries must last a maximum of 20 minutes.
- For the selection process, the film will be watched in French, French subtitled, English or English subtitled version only.
- A notification of selection will be sent to the participant in the course of January 2014.