HALLE 14 is calling for entries in the context of the EU project, Second Chance, for two residential scholarships for artists who live and work in Nuremberg (Germany), Venice (Italy), Krakow (Poland), or Ljubljana (Slovenia).
The scholarship offers two artists the opportunity to work on their own projects for four months (February 1-May 1, 2013) in a studio in the HALLE 14 (Leipzig, Germany). In addition, the chosen artists will receive 800 Euros per month and a one-time subsidy for transportation costs (for arrival and departure) of at most 500 Euros.
Artists with long-term residency in the project partner cities of Nuremberg (Germany), Venice (Italy), Krakow (Poland), or Ljubljana (Slovenia) are called upon to apply, sending a completed application form and a project idea. The application documents are to be sent to the HALLE 14 (Leipzig) by post or by e-mail before the application deadline (see "a" below), through the respective partner organization in his or her country. The selection will take place in two stages. The applicants send their application to the respective partner organization in his or her country (see "g" below). The respective partner organization establishes a selection of five applications which it subsequently forwards to the host institution, the HALLE 14. From these applications, the HALLE 14 will select two artists in January, 2013.
Scholarship period: February 1 - May 31, 2013
The scholarship encompasses:
- 1 studio in the Halle 14
- Scholarship of 800 Euros per month
- One-time subsidy for transportation costs (arrival and departure) of at most 500 Euros
- Help in searching for accommodation and a rent subsidy of at most 200 Euros per month.
A complete application consists of:
1. The fully-completed application form (see "i" below).
2. A text outlining a project for a four-month work stay in Leipzig, on an A4 or U.S. letter page, with a font size of at least 10.
3. A resume with a brief overview of the applicant´s education, exhibitions, and projects, on an A4 or U.S. letter page, with a font size of at least 10.
4. Substantial documentation material about one´s artistic work over the last five years. Either in the form of a portfolio (for ex. PDF), or as individual images. Please provide the image with corresponding information about the work (title, year, genre), or include a list with corresponding information.
- Applications will not be returned. Please do not send any original artworks, catalogs, press articles, or further materials. The HALLE 14 cannot bear liability for the materials sent. Applications sent too late, or by fax, will not be accepted. The application documents of accepted scholarship recipients remain with the HALLE 14 for documentation.
- Applications by students can, unfortunately, not be considered.
- The scholarship recipients are responsible for their own health insurance during their stay in Leipzig.
- English and German are the official languages for correspondence and meetings. Scholarship program participants must have a good mastery of one of these two languages.
Please send your application to the address of the Second Chance partners of the corresponding country. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
SLOVENSKI UMETNIKI POŠLJITE VLOGE DO 8. JANUARJA NA NASLOV:
APPLICATION FOR CULTURAL EXCHANGE RESIDENCIES
I hereby apply for a Cultural Exchange Residency of HALLE 14 Leipzig. I accept the terms as outlined and if chosen will work in Leipzig during the designated period of time.
Last name, first:
City, Postal code:
Date of birth:
I have included the following materials:
- o A text describing the planned project
- o A short résumé including education, exhibitions and projects
- o A examples of recent work
- o A list describing the work samples