Kino Šiška is a centre for contemporary and urban creativity serving Ljubljana and wider Slovenian environment. Its programme integrates urbanity, multiculturalism, a politically unbiased attitude and advanced technology, at the same time encouraging innovation, creativity and international cooperation.
By posting an (open) public invitation to prepare local, national and international projects we wish to encourage the response of the non-governmental sector, artists, producers and other organisations and position them in the wider context of contemporary (urban) culture and art. Kamera exhibition space is intended to function as a centre for new arts, different ideas, creative production and contemporary artistic practices. Kino Šiška therefore invites the producers and author(s) of projects from fields of contemporary photography, illustration, graphic design, drawings and paintings, street art and new media.
01. Project contents
02. Project description in the relevant framework
03. Implementation concept and technical installation scheme
04. Short biography of author/co-authors
05. Financial breakdown of project
06. Project schedule with the desired date of implementation
07. Materials in digital form (low resolution is sufficient for application)
08. Contact information
The projects submitted should be limited to a time span of two to three weeks.
TERMS OF COOPERATION:
Kino Šiška shall not assume the position of producer of the chosen project, and shall only provide support in preparation as co-producer. The producer can be any individual, any non-governmental or any other organisation active in the field of culture either in Slovenia or abroad. The applicant/producer shall be fully responsible for the contents of exhibition or exhibition project.
In the preparation of projects in Kamera exhibition space, Kino Šiška shall contribute:
- Kamera exhibition space with all the operational costs covered,
- Exhibition guarding and hostess service
- Basic technical service in setting up the project based on previous preparations and technical schemes
- Lending technical equipment within available means
- Project promotion in Ljubljana in Slovenia in accordance with the annual marketing plan and regular communication tools of Kino Šiška
- Exhibition fee (200 EUR)
Project applicant shall have the following obligations:
- Project financing
- Project development in terms on contents and technical issues
- Preparation of project information in the Slovenian language
- Provision of contents and photo materials no later than the 15th day of the month proceeding the exhibition opening
The collaboration between project applicant and Kino Šiška shall begin when the project is chosen for implementation in the next year (2014). At the occasion, a co-production agreement shall be entered into, binding the applicant to implement the project under agreed terms and within implementation plans pertaining to contents and schedules.